Jiffy Cornbread mix is always one of those things I grab at the store to have on had. We use it as a side for so many items, it’s quick, easy and inexpensive. Then I found out how simple Homemade Jiffy Cornbread mix is to make at home and now I will never purchase it again. It’ 6 ingredients you probably already have on hand.
I store single mixes in bags in the freezer and it’s ready to use when I need it.
Homemade Jiffy Corn Bread Mix
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- Mix all ingredients together. Keep for about a week in a glass jar in your refrigerator or store in zip-lock bags in your freezer.
To mix up the muffins simply
- Use 1 “Jiffy” Cornbread Mixture (recipe above)
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup milk (or yogurt or sour cream)
- Mix all ingredients. Fill oiled muffin tins and bake at 400 F for 15-20 minutes.
Check out more yummy recipes you may be interested in:
Have you joined the Sea of Savers on Facebook? Join over 39,200 others, make friends and share deals you find!
Recipe adapted from: Kitchen Nostalgia
Filed Under: Recipes