Broccoli Salad Recipe
If you are looking for something to make for the next get together this is it!! Broccoli salad is one of my most favorites when it comes to something light and healthy for summer and to make it even better is that it’s got bacon in it so it has to be good right?!
This great recipe from Older Mommy still Yummy is amazing and the best part is you can make it ahead of time. I think you’ll agree it’s awesome
- 5 cups broccoli florets,uncooked
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup roasted, unsalted sunflower seeds*
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup old cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup Hellmans Light Mayonnaise
- 4 Tbsp. white sugar
- 3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar (You may also use regular white vinegar)
- In place of or in addition to the sunflower seeds you may use any of the following:
- raisins, dried cranberries, chopped dried apricots, banana chips, or most any dried fruit; walnuts, pecans, almonds, peanuts and any other type of seed.
Go here to see so how to whip this yummy salad up!
Check out more yummy recipes you may be interested in:
Have you joined the Sea of Savers on Facebook? Join over 33,200 others, make friends and share deals you find!
Thanks, Older Mommy, Still Yummy!
Filed Under: Recipes