We love Mexican food at our house and when I came across this Baked Taco Ring Recipe from Just a Pinch I knew this is something we must have! It’s super delicious, great to serve when you have company over and you can add as many toppings as you like.
2 tubes refrigerated crescent rolls
1 lb lean ground beef (can use ground chicken or turkey)
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 1/2 c cups grated tex mex blend cheese, or cheddar
chopped tomato, lettuce, black and green olives, sour cream and cheese for garnish. you can also chop some jalapeno peppers on top if you like it spicy!
- Separate the crescent pastry and lay out in a circle, pointed ends out on a foil lined pizza pan, sprayed very lightly with cooking spray. Use some of the leftover crescent rolls to to make the center a bit thicker as this will hold the meat.
- Brown meat in a frying pan until no longer pink. Drain fat and add taco seasoning as directed on package, reducing the water to a scant 1/3 cup from the 1/2 cup called for. Drain excess liquid from meat.
- Sprinkle meat mixture in a circle inside the crescent rolls, then sprinkle 1 cup of the cheese over the meat. Pull crescent roll points over meat and cheese and tuck in.
- Bake at 350 degrees until pastry is golden brown.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup of cheese, chopped lettuce, tomato, black olives, and jalapenos (if using), into the middle of the ring, then add a few dollops of sour cream if desired, before serving.
Check out more yummy recipes you may be interested in:
Have you joined the Sea of Savers on Facebook? Join over 27,200 others, make friends and share deals you find
Filed Under: Recipes