We love carving our pumpkins and having them outside with our candles inside creating the warm glow that everyone can see as they drive by. However it seems we have to wait until really close to Halloween as it seems soon after you carve them they start to rot. If you are like us and have kiddos who love to carve their pumpkins a couple of weeks before Halloween I am sure you have wondered how to keep pumpkins fresh after carving them.
Well guess what?! This is a super simple way to keep your pumpkins fresh for weeks after you carve them!
How to Keep Pumpkins Fresh after Carving Them!
- Scoop out and carve your pumpkin, dip it in a large container of bleach and water (use a 1 tsp:1 gal mix).
- The bleach will kill bacteria and help your pumpkin stay fresh longer.
- Once completely dry, (drain upside down), add 2 tablespoon of vinegar and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to a quart of water.
- Brush this solution onto your pumpkin
- Your Pumpkin will stay looking fresh for weeks!
Check out More Frugal Living Articles you may be interested in:
Have you joined the Sea of Savers on Facebook? Join over 40,800 others, make friends and share deals you find!