Remember if you like this post then “Pin It” : it is a great way to bookmark the ideas, recipes, DIY, crafts and tips that will help you later!
Crockpot Chili Dogs
- 1 can(s) (28-ounce) whole tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- Black pepper
- 8 ounce(s) ground beef chuck
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- 2 ounce(s) sharp Cheddar, shredded
- 4 pickles, for serving
- Place the tomatoes and their juices in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, breaking them up with your hands as you add them. Stir in the chili powder, cumin, all but 3 tablespoons of onion, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; refrigerate the remaining red onion.
- Add the beef, break it up and stir to combine. Cook, covered, until the meat is cooked through and liquid begins to evaporate, 5 to 7 hours on low or 3 to 4 hours on high.
- Fifteen minutes before serving, add the hot dogs to the slow cooker and cook, covered, until heated through. Divide the hot dogs among the buns and top with the chili, Cheddar, and remaining onion. Serve with pickles, if desired.
Check out more yummy recipes you may be interested in:
Have you joined the Sea of Savers on Facebook? Join over 38,700 others, make friends and share deals you find!
Filed Under: Crockpot Meals