Meatloaf is such a yummy comfort food and I love having this for dinner with a side of corn, mac & cheese dinner rolls or whatever else you have around. Your family will think you spent hours in the kitchen and I am telling you there will be no leftovers. Crockpot Ladies have this awesome Crock pot Brown Sugar Meatloaf recipe that will make a comfort food on the table a snap!
Also sometimes I make two of these and freeze one for later
- I used an oblong crock to get the best “loaf size”.
- I strongly suggest using a Reynolds Liner that are specifically for crockpots with this recipe.
- It makes it much easier to pull out the meatloaf in one piece.
- Spray with Pam or similar.
- Mix lean hamburger, eggs, milk, onion soup mix, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and ginger in a large bowl mixing it well so it can make a loaf.
- Scoop the hamburger mix into the crock-pot, making it a loaf like size, keeping it from the sides if possible.
- Cook on low for 6 hours (strongly suggest not trying it on high).
- You will want to use your meat thermometer and make sure it gets to an internal temp of 160 before pulling it out.
- I pull it out with a liner, lay it on a simple plate and then use 2 large spatula’s to transfer the meatloaf to a nicer dish.
- If one doesn’t want to use a liner, you can use foil by making long but narrow pieces and lay them down in the crock, and then put the meat loaf in, so you can pull them out by grabbing on the foil and pulling up.
- Mix the ketchup, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce in a separate bowl and then spread on top of the meatloaf, a few minutes before you pull it out.
- Strongly suggest using hamburger that is at least 93% fat free, otherwise you’ll have an excess of grease.
Check out more yummy recipes you may be interested in:
Have you joined the Sea of Savers on Facebook? Join over 28,400 others, make friends and share deals you find
Filed Under: Crockpot Meals