Cinnamon Roll Cake
So I found this Cinnamon Roll Cake recipe on Chef in Training and just HAD to share! I am always looking for great recipes to serve to guests when they are in town and this is now on my go to list! Cinnamon Rolls are a favorite however they are so time consuming. I love that you can still serve the deliciousness of a cinnamon roll but saving yourself tons of time! :-)I made it the night before and it was a hit for breakfast in the morning.
Tip: Also I cut the glaze recipe in half and it was plenty and tasted delicious!
3 cups flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 cups milk
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup butter melted
1 cup butter softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp. flour
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
2 cups powdered sugar
5 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 glass baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In an electric or stand mixer add the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Once combined well , slowly stir in the melted butter. Pour into the prepared 9×13 baking pan.
- For topping, In a large bowl mix the 2 sticks of butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon together until well combined and creamy. Drop evenly over the batter by the tablespoonfuls and use a knife to marble/swirl through the cake.
- Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes or when a toothpick inserted near the center comes out nearly clean.
- FOR GLAZE: In a medium bowl, mix the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla together with a whisk. Drizzle evenly over the warm cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Check out more yummy recipes you may be interested in:
Have you joined the Sea of Savers on Facebook? Join over 35,700 others, make friends and share deals you find!
Thanks, Chef in Training!
Filed Under: Breakfast