If you can never find the time to cook something yummy and healthy for breakfast this is it! I make these for our family and they will save you money and fill you up with something healthy!
Breakfast Omelet Muffins
1 pound Italian Sausage (you could also use bacon)
1 cup mushrooms chopped and sauteed
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1 red onion chopped and sauteed
8 large eggs
1/4 cup milk (or half and half depending on how you’re feeling that day)
1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp baking powder
salt and pepper to taste
Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese as needed
What’s great about this recipe is you can tailor it and use any veggies you like in an omelet!
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. In a large saute pan, over medium high heat, brown Italian Sausage and chopped onion and mushrooms for about 5 minutes, or until the sausage is no longer pink. Remove from heat and stir in tomatoes.
3. Whisk together eggs, milk, oil and baking powder. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Lightly spray a 12-cupcake pan with oil.Spoon out the sausage and veggie mixture evenly into each cupcake.
5. Ladle the egg mixture over sausage and veggie mixture.
6. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Check out More Recipes you may be interested in:
Have you joined the Sea of Savers on Facebook? Join over 39,200 others, make friends and share deals you find!
Filed Under: Breakfast